HTML5 spec basics: 200k initial load, and 2MB *polite (secondary) load.
*Polite load is waiting until after the rest of the page loads (or 4 seconds into the page load) to serve the sub-loaded files
This is in line with the new IAB Display Ad standards set
- Viewability and Ad Verification measurement (ie pixels from IAS, MOAT, etc.) are not counted towards the 200k load. However, if the measurement pixel file sizes are extremely large we may request revisions be made.
- We cannot locally host JS files. These ads should not have any dependency on IGN servers to function properly.
- Up to 10mb is accepted for user-initiated load.
We can host HTML5 creative.
- For site served HTML Banners they must use Google ClickTag guidelines. IGN Is able to site serve basic HTML5 Creative, but said creative must follow the coding rules found at this link HTML5 requirements for Ad Manager. If your creative includes video, we will not be able to host as a basic HTML banner and will have to serve as a rich media banner. Building a Rich Media banner will require the assistance of creative production team, IGN Studios. If HTML5 creative production and serving assistance is required, please contact your IGN Sales rep.
Ads must average 65% or less CPU usage with occasional spikes allowed.
We allow implementation of up to three 3rd party pixels on individual creatives within a placement. Note pixels are not allowed for non-ad served products.
Platform splitting – For cross platform Display and Video lines, we will only traffic separate tags when the client has valid reason for creating multiple tags.
Pre-approval for tag splitting within a line is given for the reasons below:
- Different exit url for mobile - examples: A separate exit for the iOS store or Android Store, a different exit url for users on Desktop vs Tablet
- Different creative per platform - example: HTML5 ad with video for desktop, and an HTML5 ad with simple animation for mobile
We do not site serve HTML Banners.
- Any HTML5 banner running on IGN must run through a 3rd party server. If HTML5 creative production and serving assistance is required, please contact your IGN Sales rep.
We do not allow auto-sound.
- Muted auto-play video is acceptable.
Rich Media Display Banners are not allowed on Mobile Apps
- Display banners with Auto Play Video, User Initiated Video, or Heavy Animation are not allowed in our Mobile OS based apps.
Surveys may not contain any Ziff Davis logos or logos from our properties.
- Surveys may not imply Ziff Davis or any of our properties are sponsoring the survey.
We cannot accept blocking ad tags.
- They limit proper ad serving. Any filtering or targeting should be handled in the IGN ad server. Tracking and monitoring pixels may be used to track a variety of information but tags that control serving are not allowed.
We do not accept unsecure ad tags.
- Please provide HTTPS tags for all placements.
Trackers that gather a user’s personal data are not allowed.
Expandable Display ads are not allowed on the site.
- A button to expand an in-banner video player to full screen is allowed.
No Interactive Preroll
Please upload creatives at least 3 business days prior to launch to allow for QA. Anything after the 3-day window is subject to a late launch until vetted for specs.
- All tags must be secure (HTTPS)
- We accept all vendors and third-party video partners
- No skipping functionality is allowed within tag
- Display ads are not allowed to expand
- HTML5 and Image based ads are the only formats allowed for display
- All lines with viewable measurement being applied must run desktop only
- All videos must be in the form of a VAST 2.0/3.0 Tag with MP4 creative*, VPAID 2.0 (HTML5 VPAID) or a Hybrid VPAID 2.0 Tag. (*Preferred creative Tag)
- VAST 2.0/3.0 Tag with MP4 creative: Desktop & Mobile Environments
- VPAID 2.0 (HTML5 VPAID) or Hybrid VPAID 2.0 Tag: Desktop Environments Only
- Preferred video format: MP4